AMI Radiologists specialize in high-risk screening and breast diagnosis.
Breast Screening plans should be determined based on a patient’s risk level. Women with an average risk should begin screening mammograms at age 40. Women with a higher risk may need to start sooner or include other screening options in their preventative plan.
Factors that can put women at a higher risk for breast cancer include:
- Personal history of breast cancer, lobular carcinoma, or atypical hyperplasia
- Close relative diagnosed with breast cancer before age 50
- Heterogeneously dense or extremely dense breast tissue*
- Lifetime Breast Cancer Risk Score over 20%*
- Three or more family members in one lineage with any form of cancer
- More than one cancer in a family member
- Radiation treatment to the chest area between ages 10-30
- BRCA, ATM, CHEK2, PALB2, TP53 or PTEN gene mutations
*Determined and included with every screening mammogram at AMI
Men and women with any kind of lump or new breast abnormality should receive a diagnostic mammogram right away. Once a diagnostic mammogram has been completed, there may be need for other diagnostics techniques to diagnose the irregularity.
Advanced Medical Imaging is located in 7601 Pioneers Blvd, Lincoln, NE. From the Lincoln Airport(LNK) take W Cornhusker Hwy, I-180 S/US-34, K St, Capitol Pkwy and Normal Blvd to Lucile Dr and turn right onto Lucile Dr. At this point Advanced Medical Imaging will be on your right.
For additional questions you can call us at (402) 484-6677